Friday, October 21, 2005

Wife of the Year

I hate killing animals, I hate guns, and I really hate getting up any time earlier than 10:00 AM on the weekends. However, I love my husband and therefore I am going duck hunting with him tomorrow morning at 4:30 AM. Don't get me wrong, I was BY FAR the last choice for hunting partners, everyone else turned him down. During some particularly weak moment I did tell him that I would go with him sometime, and now is the time to face the music. Oh, don't worry, I am NOT going to kill anything, I am going so that I can provide weight in the front of the famous S.S. Ganser, Hubby's duck hunting machine, help set up the decoy spread AND help him lift the motor to his boat. Weeee!


He asked me why in the hell I was willing to go with him, I told him that marriages are about give and take. That is why after we get home from hunting, he is going to build the dogs a new shelter and help me clean up wedding room. Plus, it is not a bad opportunity to spend time with Hubby before I leave for Ohio next week.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

kathy said...

You are a good wife. Does this mean you won't be out in full force at the lame t-shirt party? A 4:30 am wakeup call means Auto will not be wild and crazy the night before, at least that's what I'm assuming.