Friday, January 26, 2007

Us and Them

I have seen my fair share of horror movies. Last night we watched a horror documentary. It was TERRIFYING!

FRIENDS OF GOD (HBO)

It was a road trip across the US to film one evangelical church under the benevolant dictatorship of one Rev. Jerry Fallwell. It features my favorite evangelical, Ted Haggard.

So many parts were scary, but the most frightening part was Rev. Jerry Fallwell talking about how they are going to take over the country with their "morals". They have a plan, it begins with elections, evangelical schools, universitites and law schools (training specificially to fight the ACLU) and ends with abortion bans, bans on gay marriage and creationism taught in all schools. They are mobilizing people. They are here and ready to take away our rights. Can you say brainwashing?

Hubby and I talked about how we were both raised in churches, but didn't see where you had to choose between evoultion (science) and creationism (theology). We didn't see where in our churches they taught us to hate people that love someone of the same sex and I was never taught that abortion was murder (Hubby was catholic, even birth control was murder).

I say, give them the south, let them have their own country, enjoy. We'll keep the rest of the country. Hell, give them Texas too.

If you want to watch it, it will be on HBO On Demand next week, or we have it DVR'ed. I had nightmares.

No comments: